Allegro Packets Network Multimeter 1000/1200
Network Analyses and Troubleshooting
- Explore your network in real-time
- Keep track of your network
- Detect errors and problems in just a few clicks
Allegro 1000 series appliances are cost-efficient entry-level versions for 1 GBit/s to 10 GBit/s analysis of up to 10,000 servers. These network tools provide a highly accurate analysis of an entire location. Depending on the existing network traffic, this is enough for a complete analysis of all data from the several previous days which can be retrieved in real-time from the in-memory database.
The basic versions of the Allegro 1000 and 1200 have 2 x SFP+ for 1 G and 10 G SFP modules, 5 x 1G-BaseT for analysis and 1 x 1G-Base-T as a management port. In addition, there are expansion cards for up to 4 x SFP+ ports, 2 x 10G-Base-T ports, 4 x 1G-Base-T ports, 2 x SFP28, 2 x QSFP28 or 2 x SFP+ with GPS connections for exact timestamps in the nanosecond range. The basic version is equipped with a 16 GB in-memory database. This can be expanded to 64 GB or 128 GB respectively.
- For office buildings or data centers
- 3 x 1000Base-T monitor ports, 2 x 10GBase-T monitor ports, 2 x SFP+ monitor ports, 1 extension slot
- 20 GBit/s max. throughput
- 16 GB internal database memory, expandable up to 256 GB
- Up to 10 TB integrated ring buffer
- Up to 10,000 active IPs and 1.2 million retrospective connections at 16 GB
- Portable / 1 U
- 264 cm long x 43 mm high x 226 cm deep / 439 mm long x 43 mm high x 249 mm deep
- Weighs 2-4 kg
Analysis of WebEx quality issues
This use case demonstrates how a sales representative’s sudden problem with a WebEx session is solved. Here, the Allegro Network Multimeter shows the IT staff L7 protocol and link statistics so they can locate the error, leading to a fast solution to the problem.